How initial growth is important
- Child nutrition starts right from birth, children have a steady growth and development in each of the milestone years.
- Poor nutrition can impact the cognitive development of children and lead to poor development at every milestone. Owing to which they can land up to poor performers in academics & sports.
- Poor nutrition can lead to fatigue/weakness and therefore, poor playing capacity, impacting the social skills of children.
- Malnourished children can often be at higher risk of noncommunicable diseases like diabetes, obesity later in life. Hence, Complete & optimum nutrition for children will lead to optimum growth and development.
Nutrients for child growth
- Protein- For muscle growth and development, normal wear and tear and good immunity
- Calcium and Vitamin D for bones
- Immunonutrients- Zinc, Selenium, Vitamin A and C
- Iron, Folic Acid- for maintaining hemoglobin, good stamina and better cognitive performance.
- FOS for gut health
- DHA, ARA, Choline, Taurine, Inositol for brain development and better performance at school